VMware Cloud Community
FernandoLuque
Contributor
Contributor

Error Password 10.1.2

I am on version 10.1.2 of VMware vCloud Director and I cannot access my virtual machine (Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)) due to an error in the password provided by the Guest OS Customization.

I would like to know the way in which I should access my virtual machine so that this does not happen to me, since we have changed the password repeatedly but it has not worked.

More information (https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Director/10.1/rn/VMware-Cloud-Director-101-Release-Notes.htm...😞

New The VMware Cloud Director appliance deployment fails when you enable the setting to expire the root password upon the first login

If you attempt to deploy an appliance with enabled Expire Root Password Upon First Login setting, the deployment fails and the /opt/vmware/var/log/firstboot log file displays an error:

[ERROR] postgresauth script failed to execute.

Workaround: Disable the Expire Root Password Upon First Login setting and specify an initial root password that contains at least eight characters, one uppercase character, one lowercase character, one numeric digit, and one special character.

0 Kudos
0 Replies