VMware Cloud Community
davidfox03
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Enabled Firewall on VM and cannot access VM now

I am kicking myself for this, but I enabled Windows Firewall on my VM, and now I can no longer remotely access the VM. I should have known better, but without being able to access the VM, how can I now disable Windows Firewall?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

From the console of the VM?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

From the console of the VM?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
davidfox03
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, that was the solution. I should have added more context to my issue, but when I selected the web console it was giving me a disconnected message. After downloading the VM Remote Console I was able to access and correct my mistake. Thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos