VMware Cloud Community
SgRddY
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Eject CD/DVD from vApp Template

Hello,

I create a vApp Template in vCloud Director but forgot to eject the ISO after OS installation.  Now every vApp that is create from the Template has the ISO inserted.  Is there a way to fix it from the vApp Template?  I know that I can manually eject the ISO from each new vApp create but I want to be able to eject the ISO from the vApp Template so that subsequence vApps clone from that will not have the ISO inserted.

The vApp Template is now in a Catalog which I am not able to turn it on to eject the ISO.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You cannot edit a VM in Catalog in vCloud Director 5.1.x and older.  You would have to copy to my cloud, make the edit, then capture back to catalog.

Are are looking at something like this in the future (editing templates).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You cannot edit a VM in Catalog in vCloud Director 5.1.x and older.  You would have to copy to my cloud, make the edit, then capture back to catalog.

Are are looking at something like this in the future (editing templates).

0 Kudos
SgRddY
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I tried the method you suggested earlier but It produced the same results.  The ISO is still inserted for some reason.  I am a little puzzle with that result.  Is there anything else that I can try?

Thanks,

Ken

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

was the ISO originally inserted via the vCloud Director UI?

0 Kudos
SgRddY
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, it was inserted from the vCloud UI.

BTW, I finally got it to work properly with the CD ejected.  It seems like the first time to add to "my cloud" and didn't eject the CD properly.

Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos