VMware Cloud Community
hha86
Contributor
Contributor

Edge Gateway status not in sync with VCD web console

Hi,

I'm using Vcloud Director (VCD) 5.1 and Vcenter Orchestration (VCO) Client. We are using VCO flows to automate the things. The issue is that the status of Edge Gateway displayed on the VCD console and the status retrieved using VCO flow is not in sync. In the flow, I use the QueryService to retrieve the gateway information from VCD. If I created the gateway without enabling HA, no problem. If I enabled the HA during gateway creation, I got into this issue.

Here is the scenario.

1. I created the new Edge Gateway through VCO flow.
  2. I went to VCD web console and checked the status of Edge Gateway. As expected, it was 'Running'.
  3. I run the 'Get Gateway Detail' flow and it returned the status '0', meaning 'NOT READY'. So far so good.
  4. I waited on the VCD web console until the status finally changed into 'Success'.
  5. Then, I retrieve the detail information using VCO flow, the status of the returned gateway is still '0'.

I keep retrieving the detail info, and no luck at all. I took another 20 mins to be in sync with the status displayed on web UI.

I also tried to retrieve the detail information using vCloud REST API. It was working perfectly and it's alway in sync with the one displayed on web console. Any idea why this is happening? Kindly advise how I can overcome this issue?

0 Kudos
0 Replies