VMware Cloud Community
barsComputer
Contributor
Contributor

ERROR: how to download vApps/vApps from Catalog vCloud Director?

vCloud Director version - 8.2

Desktop - Windows7

trying to download vApps from vCloud Director with no success:

• tried to download from UI but I'm facing an issue with the Client Integration Plugin.

after installing it is still not working! trying to add and change configurations in my FireFox, work from IE11 and make vCD and vCenter to be in the trusted sites and nothing work!

• tried to use ovftool and I get an error:

[win7-pc] ➤ ./ovftool.exe "vcloud://username:password@vcdipaddr:443?org=name-org&vdc=name-vdc&vappTemplate=Product-15.1.760-01&catalog=Product-Catalog" "C:\Temp"

Error: cURL error: SSL connect error

Completed with errors

anyone has an idea how to download the vApps? didn't find any related commands in PowerCli

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jonathanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Easiest way for now - install Firefox ESR 52 version from here (the '60' version does NOT work) and the VMware 6.20 client integration plugin.

In vCD 9.x you have the HTML5 UI which allows native downloads in modern browsers, but this obviously doesn't help for 8.20.

The error your seeing in OVFTool (which should work fine also) is likely being caused by using the IP address of the vCD instance rather than a domain name which matches the SSL certificate being presented by the vCD cell service. It may also be caused by other OVFTool issues though - commonly having non-escaped symbols in the password string which is a complete pain.

0 Kudos