VMware Cloud Community
suhag79
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Does vmware cloud support Heterogeneous envoronment of Hypervisor ?

Hi All,

Though i done the VCP410, i am new to clude environment. I read about vmware cloude solution but i have some queries regarding Vmware cloude solution.

1. Does  vmware cloud support Heterogeneous envoronment? like can i use Hyper-V, ESXi, XEN hypervisor with vmware cloud solution.
  2. Does VMware cloude is for only X86 environment only?
  3. What if i have to use HP-UX Operating environment in VMware cloude ?

Please throw some light on this.

Regards,

Suhag Desai

VCP-410.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1) No there is nothing in the portfolio at this time that supports different hypervisors.  ESX is the VMware flagship hypervisor of choice for vCloud Director

2) Not always.  Refer to the supported Guest Operating system list for both vCenter AND vCloud director in the respective documentation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1.  If you are asking specifically about VMwre vCloud Director, the answer is no.  It only supports vSphere ESX listed here from the admin guides:

Supported VMware vSphere ESX/ESXi Version for 1.5:

4.0 Update 2
4.0 Update 3
4.1 Update 1
5.0 Required for Fast Provisioning, Hardware version 8, VPN Support

2.  VMware virtualization has always been x86 since it's inception at Stanford University

3. You need to convert HP-UX workloads to a supported flavor of Linux to use VMware vSphere or vCloud Director.  This has always been the case that HP-UX is not a supported Guest OS as listed in the guides.

suhag79
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks Chris as your answer was helpful.

Q.1 :- As you are referring VMwre vCloud Director, which is not supported multiple hypervisor, Is ther any other vmware cloud solution other than VMwre vCloud Director, which support multiple hypervisor ?

Q:2 Any OS which run on x86 only is supported by vmware cloud, right ?

Regards,

Suhag Desai

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1) No there is nothing in the portfolio at this time that supports different hypervisors.  ESX is the VMware flagship hypervisor of choice for vCloud Director

2) Not always.  Refer to the supported Guest Operating system list for both vCenter AND vCloud director in the respective documentation

0 Kudos