VMware Cloud Community
steverdavidson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Distributed clusters

Our support organization currently uses lab manager and is physically located on one location, US.  We are looking at vcloud director as the replacement for lab manager, and are also wishing to expand our physical resource AND locate resources in each of four locations around th workl.  So there would be a cluster of esxi servers in INdia, One in Europe, One in Asia, and one in the us.  Mostly, local physical resources would be used by the engineers in that location for their lab environments.  But shareability of vms and configurations is also important because some types of configurations can/will exist in only one location.

Am I dreaming?  Or can I do this with vcloud?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
logiboy123
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you think about the latency issues alone that will give you the answer. Not possible.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can do this with separate vCloud cells.

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
steverdavidson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Much of what I have read so far seems to indicate problems with multisite installation.  So anyone else chiming in would be appreciated.

I will have esxi servers in four worldwide locations.

Now i will go read more about cells.

🙂

0 Kudos
steverdavidson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This article, for example, seems to indicate multi-site with one interface is unsupported.  Don't know how old this document is.

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMware-Architecting-vCloud-WP.pdf

0 Kudos
logiboy123
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you think about the latency issues alone that will give you the answer. Not possible.

0 Kudos
steverdavidson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, that was what I was reading.  So we will use an isolated instance for each location.  Thanks for your comments

0 Kudos