VMware Cloud Community
Danooo
Contributor
Contributor

Disable IP settings for vApp

Hi All,

We plan to use vCD as the replacement for Lab Manager.

When I create new Organization vCD I need to specify network that will be used by this vCD. So far so good.

Then administrator assign group or users to particular Organization vDC. Users have the ability to create new vApp and choose IP settings for VMs that will be a part of the vApp. Is there any chance to disable that option? For example I would like to use DHCP by default instead Static-IP Pool, or Static-Manual. Static-IP Pool and Static-Manual should be disabled.

Can I do that in vCD 1.5?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert

This is not possible in VCD

0 Kudos
srnhpp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI, It is possible if you can bind MAC address to IP address then every time the machine boot got the same IP address and no other IP address the machine use until you allow.

For this purpose you need third party tool. I don't know if you can get any windows base tool but

I know about linux based tool like.. CBQ,htb.

0 Kudos
Danooo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks both of you for quick reply. Unfortunately the workaroud provided above won't work for me. Users should be able to provision VMs upfront so new MACs will be generated.

If there is no possibility to disable both static IP options, maybe there is a possibility to change the order, so DHCP option would appear by default? At the moment Static IP is default value.

Thanks.

0 Kudos