VMware Cloud Community
autom8
Contributor
Contributor

Deleting vApp - get "No Access to entity"

Trying to delete a vApp - receive a small error message box Which says; No Access to Entity 'vApp-name'(com.vmware.vcloud.entity.vapp:'vApp identifier number')

I've attached a screen shot of the error message and one of vC views of tasks.

Within vC the VM's seen - belong to two different vCD catalogs, one where the VM's are seperate, the other where they are in a vApp. The vApp which was deleted and that the error message which pertains to it was in 'Mycloud' of the organization I was working in. It was successfully deleted out of vC - as it's not present in the heirarchy, and the tasks show it was successfully completed. Within vCD it just shows the vApp as in the process of 'Deleting'. Any refresh of the screen increments the number of errors "There are # errors" in the error message box.

After an inordinately long period of time (about a half hour) vCD does seem to reconcile with vC that - indeed the entity has been deleted. At that time vCD tells me that I'm trying to view an object that no longer exists. I'd guess there is some kind of syncronization problem between the vCD and vC databases?

This is version 1.5.1 appliance, I'm not going to be able to upgrade this install to 5.1

Has anyone seen this and if so is there a fix?

0 Kudos
0 Replies