VMware Cloud Community
tomking_chen
Contributor
Contributor

Cloud Integration Manager - issue with creating network for customer

We are trialing this new CIM portal. Looks very promising for our resellers. But also see some limitations with it. Selling vDCs seem very easy and straight forward. The problem comes when tries to assign network to customers. We use VLAN based network for all our cloud customers. Basically assign each customer with a individual VLAN. With CIM, we have to pre-create all the network pools in vCloud Director, so they can be picked up by CIM. And for each network pool, I have to create individual product for it. This is troublesome, when we have 100 VLAN based networks... More critically, when I tried to resell a VLAN based network to customer through CIM, it did not work. I got the error says "ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "addr_net_constraint" Detail: Key (address, network_id)=(XXX.XX.XXX.XXX; 255.2555.255.255.0, 3423adsfafa-f044-asfea-adfafa) already exists" The XXX.XX.XXX.XXX is the first address of our External Network (the Parent Network in CIM term).

I use a single External Network pool for our cloud customers. And it is working fine through vCloud Director. Not sure why this becomes a problem in CIM.

0 Kudos
0 Replies