VMware Cloud Community
LooseMoose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Client Integration Plugin - macOS

Has anyone had any luck getting this going? I've tried Safari (11.0) and Firefox (56.0). The CIP version I have is 6.2.0 and 'other browsers' version. vCD 9.0 just tells you to go to the CIP download page even after installing. I've also tried latest Chrome with the Chrome only CIP, again it just prompts to download.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LooseMoose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As an update, I logged a ticket with VMWare support. They supplied an internal fix version which fixed my problems in Windows. Although it's uncovered a potential bug during the upload process which they have taken logs for and are diagnosing now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
avenuce
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, I also have the same problem using opera, mozila, safari, ie9-11 on windows 7. I can't export some iso into catalog. I use power shell script like this one:

Upload ovf/ova to vCloud Director with PowerShell | Remko Weijnen's Blog (Remko's Blog)

http://www.virtualizedgeek.com/2016/02/error-uploading-to-vcloud-air-using-ovftool/

uploaded iso using:

./ovftool -st=”ISO” –vCloudTemplate=”false” “W2k16.ISO” “vcloud://us-california-1-3.vchs.vmware.com?vdc=Azure&org=7389d726-3efe-2345-837a-12345a3d30f0f&media=w2k16-2.iso&catalog=Media”

or i pleased cloud administrators to upload needed iso in catalog...

But, iе annoys me....

0 Kudos
LooseMoose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, annoying that it's 2017 and issues like this are still present. I'll try your suggestion though in the meantime.

0 Kudos
LooseMoose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As an update, I logged a ticket with VMWare support. They supplied an internal fix version which fixed my problems in Windows. Although it's uncovered a potential bug during the upload process which they have taken logs for and are diagnosing now.

0 Kudos
ganbidada
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. i am unable to upload any media despite having installed the client plugins, this is a vcd 9.0 install.

What was the fix for the problem?

0 Kudos
LooseMoose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I never really got a solution, it would work for a while but it's very flaky across OS/Browser versions. In the end, I simply upload to a vSphere datastore and then import the media into the catalog.

0 Kudos