VMware Cloud Community
mayonnaise
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Changing vlan id in Network Pool

Hello!

We faced with the necessity to change vlan id in already created Oranization Pool in vcloud director. By default the field is greyed. Is there any ways to edit this field?

Thanks in advance

vcp4, vcp5
0 Kudos
4 Replies
cfor
Expert
Expert

I believe you need to make a new network pool with the new vlan.  Once  this is done you can update the org vdc's to use this new network pool.

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
mayonnaise
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

it seems this is an only aproach...

But I faced with another restriction in vcloud...impossibility to change OrgNetwork of running VM in its properties (read like "to change portgroup of VM in vCenter"). For me its real big problem because now we need to shutdown VMs, change network and poweron...

Any ideas of workaround?

vcp4, vcp5
0 Kudos
cfor
Expert
Expert

I do not know of any support method.

You could get close doing two thing - but I am not sure what state it would leave the system in, so you might want to check with support or professional services if they have a better idea, or what this might do.  (I would od it in a small lab, but not sure I would want to try this in production)

Step 1 - Create Network Pool

Step 2 - Update OrgVDC to link to the new pool

Step 3 - Use the vSphere API and change the vlan that the portgroup backing your vApp is in.  VCloud will not know about this - but this will get you using the new vlan.

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
mayonnaise
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

oh, really risky actions...

but cheers for advising.

By the way, need I change MTU size only in NetPool and physical switch, or also in dvswitch?

vcp4, vcp5
0 Kudos