VMware Cloud Community
JonT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Changing the Console Plug-In window size?

Has anyone else been frustrated with the size of the browser window when choosing to use the console plug-in to "popout Console" of a running VM from the cloud? In version 1.0.1 this window would auto-size to the machine display size, but I find that mine on 1.5 now no longer does an auto-size. Now no matter what screen resolution, the plug-in window pops open to my full screen resolution size (not full-screen for the vm) and offset a little to the lower right. Has anyone else seen this and figured out how to force an auto-size for all console sessions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
shepherdz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Has anyone else seen this and figured out how to force an auto-size for all console sessions?

I do not believe this is possible with the vCD UI shipped with 1.5.0.

It may be possible to implement this functionality in a custom portal. See the "Using the VMRC API" technical note on the vCD documentation page for more information (note, however, that the "VMRC API Reference Implementation" listed on that page behaves like the vCD UI in this respect).

Zach Shepherd, Member of Technical Staff, VMware vCloud Director Engineering
JonT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. My point and question is the window USED TO auto-size in version 1.0.1 but for some reason now just goes to the max resolution no matter the guest screen size. Just seems there should be a way to customize this even if its in a configuraiton file on Director 1.5 somewhere.

Thank you!

0 Kudos