VMware Cloud Community
peterdabr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Change default gateway on External Network

Greetings All,

vCloud 5.1.0

I have an External Network in vCD that is currently in use and I'd like to change default gateway but it is grayed out along with the network mask.

Since this network is being used by a direct network defined in OVDC and already in use by VMs, removing, readding the same network with new gw is not an option.

Does anybody know a way to change the gateway without removing external network? ... I wouldn't mind tapping into vCD database (running on MSSQL) if somebody could provide me with the table where gw is defined.

Thanks,

PD

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Officially, you have to remove it and re-add it.  This has been true for all versions of vCloud Director.

Please understand the below is not officially supported. 

If you are looking into the database, it's probably IP_scope you are looking for.  Locate your scope and update it appropriately.  If you have multiple scopes that use the same DG, you won't be able to tell which one is which unless the DNS entries are unique.  you might temporarily disable the IP range on the network which will set the is_enable column to 0 (false) ... which will make it easier to locate.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Officially, you have to remove it and re-add it.  This has been true for all versions of vCloud Director.

Please understand the below is not officially supported. 

If you are looking into the database, it's probably IP_scope you are looking for.  Locate your scope and update it appropriately.  If you have multiple scopes that use the same DG, you won't be able to tell which one is which unless the DNS entries are unique.  you might temporarily disable the IP range on the network which will set the is_enable column to 0 (false) ... which will make it easier to locate.

0 Kudos
peterdabr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Understood on  supportability subject. This is exactly what I needed.

Thanks much!

PD

0 Kudos