VMware Cloud Community
ccinatl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Catalogs and storage profiles in vCD 5.5

just migrated our environments to 5.5.  we use vCD for dev/test/edu environments.  because of this, we depend on fast provisioning for speed and to save tons of disk space.  with 5.1, we could choose which storage profile to put a catalog when we saved it.  now that option has been eliminated and can only be use any (how does vCD choose), or the one you specify.  Is there any way to allow you to choose?  We maintain very large luns, and want to run very long (6-10) chains.  those break if we don't put them back on the same lun. 

also, i wanted to move a catalog to a different storage profile.  that functionality seemed to have been eliminated.  i was able to choose vDC, catalog, and storage profile.  that functionality is gone now as well.

i really just want a choice whenever i'm using a catalog.  am i just missing something?

thanks.

2 Replies
Damien33
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem when i try to move catologue to a different storage profiles.

an idee ?

thanks,

Damien

admin
Immortal
Immortal

To move the entire catalog to different storage policy,

Add a new storage policy to Org vDC, Right-click the Catalog and select Properties, Select the Storage Tab and then Select Pre-provision on specific storage policy and select the new Storage Policy.

0 Kudos