VMware Cloud Community
UofS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot upload ISOs to VCD 5.1

I am getting the error:

file:/C:/Temp/vmware-esx-drivers-net-be2net_400.2.104.277.3-1vmw.2.17.249663.416102.iso
Error: Could not create remote resource in VDC at URL: https://blah.ca/api/vdc/fc721c09-c072-41d0-be51-57155db44af2/media
I had this problem before but it was the API field missing, but this time it is filled in.
Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Seanpeters
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this problem when i was using FireFox.

It seems that when i tried it with I.E. it worked, an additional windows poped up with a cert (or somthing sim) i had to accept then it worked.

0 Kudos
UofS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We removed our cell from behind our content switch and the problem went away.  Smiley Sad

We have opened a support ticket to try and resolve.

dion

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

@UofS When you say 'content switch' what do you mean?  Could you mention a make/model/version, and what the tool does?

0 Kudos
cfor
Expert
Expert

Upload operations are the only operations I have found that requires the "Public Address" to be set correctly in the vCloud Admin page (make it impossible to have a system with multiple dns entry points for different workloads).  Check and make sure the value is set.  All other operations just take the url you connected to the server with as they url to use, those operations look at public address first, and then (if not set) return the IP address of the first interface on the cell system.  If you change the public branding you have to bounce the cell + clear anything in the transfer location as it will keep the cached info until it times out.  (I don't think you are suppose to have to do this, but it has been the case since at least 1.5)

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

I've seen different errors with REST API security tools.  I'm trying to sort out some details, but Layer7Tech offers a REST API appliance for security/nat/etc.  However, when using the vCloud GUI and routing an API upload through the L7T appliance, we get Access Forbidden.  I think it has something to do with how the Sessions work and get transferred from being pass through (vCD see the original source IP in the HTTP header) to getting put through a NAT (has the L7T IP).

Not saying this is the same thing, given error states, but to give context that you might see oddities if you do put some specific tools in between vCD and it's clients.

0 Kudos