VMware Cloud Community
joviyach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cannot get to Web Interface

Got vShield Manager and vCloud Director successfully installed a couple of days ago, but yesterday I found that I could no longer get to the web interface for vCloud Director for some reason. I can get to the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5480 page, where it does allow me to login as the root user, but when clicking "Application Home" link, it attempts to open the same IP with HTTP instead of HTTPS, and of course this fails. Trying to manually go to HTTPS and the IP also fails. So, the only page I can get to is the :5480 and I can only login as root there.

After trying/failing to figure out what might have gone wrong to break this after it had been working, I just reinstalled the vCloud Director piece from scratch, but I still cannot get to the Application Home section to reconfigure, add the VC, etc... I watched the boot up process in the console, and it looked like everything was successful.

Anyone else seen this before?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
adsutcliffe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, if you haven't fixed this yet I had the same problem - I searched the web extensively but couldn't find a fix. In the end deleting/re-importing the ovf fixed it. I think there must have been some corruption first time I imported it - when I clicked on View OVF Environment it was blank - after the re-import it was populated and I could access the other web interface.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos