VMware Cloud Community
jlavelle
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot deploy organization VDC network : VSM response error (10105): Failed to publish configuration on vShield Edge

Using VCD 5.1

When creating a natRouted Org VDC network we randomly get this error with a different dvportgroup-<number> each time.

Deleting a re-creating the network seems to work but this issue come back randomly when creating new ones.

Cannot deploy organization VDC network  (366272d6-e19c-470e-a23f-16aa8a7e680b)
Failed to connect interface of edge gateway 2787-EdgeGateway to organization VDC network 2787-Public
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.vmware.vcloud.fabric.nsm.error.VsmException: VSM response error (10105): Failed to publish configuration on vShield Edge. The requested object : dvportgroup-2847 could not be found. Object identifiers are case sensitive.

Anyone have any ideas on what our issue maybe?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Raman_Shcharbak
Contributor
Contributor

"Failed to publish configuration on vShield Edge. The requested object : {some object} could not be found."

This kind of error occurs when vshield manager (Network & Security Manger) loses connection to vCenter server. If you try to redeploy a vshield edge device you will get an error saying "vshield manager cannot connect to vCenter"

All that has to be done - reconnect vCenter Server to vShield manager. (Can be done in vshield manager web ui on configuation tab)

A restart of the vshield manager, vshield Edge or redeployment of vshield edge might also be required.

The root cause of this error in my case was the fact that I updated SSL certificate of vCenter.

So when reconnecting i had to accept new fingerprint.

Onother possible reason - the username/password of the user that vshield mgr uses to connect to vCenter. If password has been changed or the user has been deleted -  a new credentials still can be supplied during "vcenter reconnection procedure"

More detailed steps could be found here:

Creating vCloud Networking and Security Edge Gateway error - VSM response (10105)

0 Kudos
Brox
Contributor
Contributor

The fix on our end is to remove the ESXi Host that is in a Under Maintenance status.

0 Kudos