VMware Cloud Community
--Norton--
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot deploy Org VDC. Can not find resource pool

I am trying to deploy a new org vdc network but keep getting the error "Could not find resource pool for placement of edge gateway"

I can see the dvswitch getting created in VC Client but then it deletes it straight away aftwards and gives the error.

I have removed vcd once today and started from scratch but still getting the same errors?

Anyone had this or know where to look?

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
--Norton--
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Solution has been found.

I found the problem in the Debug Log on the cell servers. You could see it trying to provision storage and failing.

For all those of you who are also seeing this issue then please check the following recommended by vmware support as known issues.

Ensure your Storage has been setup correctly and that you have Storage profiles associated with it.

You also need to view your storage thresholds as this is also a well know issue causing this.

For me I had to create a new Storage cluster and move each datastore into that cluster.

Then refresh the storage profiles within the VC element of VCD and also refresh the VC connection within VCD.

Next restart the VC Service on the VC server

Restart the vShield manager and then wait for 5 mins for the vShield manager to re-sync itself and get sorted out.

Now try again and hopefully you should be successful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
--Norton--
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Solution has been found.

I found the problem in the Debug Log on the cell servers. You could see it trying to provision storage and failing.

For all those of you who are also seeing this issue then please check the following recommended by vmware support as known issues.

Ensure your Storage has been setup correctly and that you have Storage profiles associated with it.

You also need to view your storage thresholds as this is also a well know issue causing this.

For me I had to create a new Storage cluster and move each datastore into that cluster.

Then refresh the storage profiles within the VC element of VCD and also refresh the VC connection within VCD.

Next restart the VC Service on the VC server

Restart the vShield manager and then wait for 5 mins for the vShield manager to re-sync itself and get sorted out.

Now try again and hopefully you should be successful

0 Kudos