VMware Cloud Community
jklarenbeek
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot Set Routed External IP for vAPP subnet.

Hi,

I want to apologize ahead of time, if I'm writing this in the wrong forum, but I sincerely hope someone can help me with this urgent question.

We have a VMWare vCloud provider that claims it is not possible to change the Routed External IP address of a vApp subnet.

We need this feature since the automagically assigned IP address is in conflict with a guest VM that uses the same IP address on the vcdorg network.

How can I tackle this in the vCloud tennant webUI? I've checked all the different options available, but nothing seems to be there to change that.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the vCloud Director area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jklarenbeek
Contributor
Contributor

Isn't there anyone who can help me with this question?

0 Kudos
bdmpastx
Contributor
Contributor

I assume you are talking about the EdgeGateway IP address? Or a vapp subnet needs to change in general?

If you need to change a vapp subnet's default gateway, you cannot do it with devices connected on that subnet. You would have to remove each VM from the vapp network then delete and rebuild it.

The edgegateway IPs can be changed quite easily though.

0 Kudos
jklarenbeek
Contributor
Contributor

If I create a vApp and then add a vApp Network to it.

When in the 'Add Network to <vapp name>' dialog, I then check 'Connect to an orgVdc Network' it automagically chooses a 'Routed External IP' address that I have not been able to change.

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Hey, hope you are doing fine
Why don't you try the oposite direction
Instead of changing IP's on the vAPP which is more tedious just change the ip address on the nsx edge gateway.

Warm regards

jklarenbeek
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion.

The problem with this approach is that our provider holds the nsx edge gateway due to the load balancer at their side. So I do not have access to it.

0 Kudos