VMware Cloud Community
thehaverer
Contributor
Contributor

Can't delete Organization

Hi, I have a vCloud setup but I want to scrap it and start again.  I have removed all the vApps, Media and disks but cannot delete anything else.

When I try to delete the Organization VDC is says: "you must remove all edge gateways, networks, vApps, media and disks from this VDC before you can delete it". 

However If I try to remove the edge gateway I get:  Edge gateway has org VDC Networks attached to it.  Please delete the network(s) before attempting to delete the edge gateway".

Any thoughts??

0 Kudos
24 Replies
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert

Delete the org VDC networks?

0 Kudos
thomas_root1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So we ran into some similar issues in our environment and the problem ended up being some residual due to an upgrade from 1.5 to 5.1 .  Did you build this environment cleanly or was it an upgrade?  If your org vdc networks were direct connections to external org networks you may have the same issue as we did where if you look in the table with the logical network mappings you will see the orphaned records.  They will have no mapping to a real network most likely and have a name which matches up with the valid network names.  You may want to pop something in the descriptions for the networks just to be safe when looking through the table... and of course make sure you have a good backup of the database before making any manual changes.  The table to check is network_logical .

0 Kudos
thehaverer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys

Haven't been able to resolve this.  Still thinks there are vApps/Media, etc.  Won't let me remove the Org Networks or anything!  Driving me nuts.

Any further suggestions?

0 Kudos
thomas_root1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have running VApps which were referenced to this orgNetwork? Then power them off.

Did you try to reset the network (Administration->Networks->Right click on the network).

0 Kudos
thehaverer
Contributor
Contributor

No I deleted all my vApps.

Under Administrator on the vCloud Director Web Console there is no 'Networks' option...

0 Kudos
thehaverer
Contributor
Contributor

If I go to 'Manage and Monitor' then try to delete the Network pools it saus "cannot delete network pool:  It is currently in use by VDC".  Doesn't matter if I disable both the Provider and Organization VDCs - still can't remove anything.

I also tried Unpreparing and preparing the hosts.

0 Kudos
thomas_root1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you log in to the vSphere-Client you can find a distributed-vSwitch, which represents your orgNetwork in vSphere. Are any ports or vms connected to it?

0 Kudos
thehaverer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, yes I have a vSwitch with ports connected to it.  Should I remove it?

0 Kudos
thomas_root1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it a VSE-Portgroup or a vSwitch, that you have manually created?

0 Kudos
thehaverer
Contributor
Contributor

It's vSwitch

0 Kudos
thomas_root1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No the vSwitch is okay

0 Kudos
ndalal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did you use API?

Can you check catalog_item table has any record for the catalog in this org?

0 Kudos
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert

Anything in stranded items?

0 Kudos
junewen
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. Have removed all the vApp/image, can't delete the vShied Edge and VDC Network. Not sure how to fix it.

0 Kudos
junewen
Contributor
Contributor

After checking http://www.gabesvirtualworld.com/vcloud-cant-delete-organizational-vdc/, I manually removed some lines from the oracle database to force remove the VDC network cause it's not in production.

0 Kudos
jlabonte
Contributor
Contributor

Hey There,

I have the same issue.  Not sure if I deleted something in the improper order.

I have a External network still in a vDC that I cannot delete, therefore I cannot delete the vDC.  When I try to delete it, it says it is in use.

No, VMs, No Edge, do Media, jst this stupid ext. network.

I've seen people try to manual delete from the database.  Any thoughts guys... any update on this issue?

-Joe

0 Kudos
jlabonte
Contributor
Contributor

I am using SQL, what lines did you delete.  What tables did you modify?

I have 1 vDC that has a stuck external network attached saying it is still being used.

- Help?!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

For the Org Networks, are they shared? If another Org is using that network you won't be able to delete it.

0 Kudos