VMware Cloud Community
onestop
Contributor
Contributor

Can't delete Org Network delete from vCloud Director 1.0

Very frustrated and this is really becoming a pain in the neck, kind of a deal. Cloud ORG has couple of VM's and one of the Org network, could not be 'reset' for obvious reasons. I have removed necessary network assinments from all VM's, intending to delete the said Org Network. Even after none of the VM's were using the Org Network, (no NAT/firewall rules either) ..getting "Logical Network (name = xxxx-xxx-xxx) is in use and cannot be deleted.

Any takers? Appreciate your time.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
pic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should be able to disable the org network by navigating to it and right clicking it.  Once it's disabled, you should be able to delete it. 

Can you provide details on what you have actually done to try and delete the network?

-Phil

0 Kudos
onestop
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently we hit the known issue with 1.0, where we will need to go into vApp level and remove the network interface(s) using that network. Earlier, we just removed the interfaces using that network at VM level. Also, this needs to be done to templates in catalog, if any.

0 Kudos
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert

Org networks do not get disabled. To delete an org network, you must first delete all dependencies on the network. This includes-

• All vApps (see networking tab of the vApp)
  • Expired vApps
  • All catalog vApps
  • Expired catalog vApps

Phil Cohen wrote:

You should be able to disable the org network by navigating to it and right clicking it.  Once it's disabled, you should be able to delete it. 

Can you provide details on what you have actually done to try and delete the network?

-Phil

0 Kudos
pic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thank you for correcting me.  I was going from memory and now that I'm in front of a system, I was mis-remembering disabling OrgVDCs. 

-Phil

0 Kudos
tekemclain
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone that has gone through all of these steps and still can not remove the Organization network, you must also power off all vApps that had it referenced - even if the actual vm's are already powered off.  Once you click the stop button on the vapp the Remove button will become available under the networking tab.

Ed

0 Kudos
TimLawrence
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Has anyone made any progress with this? It seems crazy that catlog vApps affect this. I just wan't to re-deploy my network I don't want to delete all the work my users/customers have done creating images. It's ridiculous!

0 Kudos
_morpheus_
Expert
Expert

Please file an SR so we can track the issue

TimLawrence wrote:

Has anyone made any progress with this? It seems crazy that catlog vApps affect this. I just wan't to re-deploy my network I don't want to delete all the work my users/customers have done creating images. It's ridiculous!

0 Kudos
gettyless
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting - so you're saying you can't you just move your catalog vApps to another org, or the global catalog -- in order to delete the org network?

0 Kudos