VMware Cloud Community
cdhunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can't connect to vCloud Director Web UI after changing IP

Hi

We had a network change which involved changing the subnets for everything in our vCloud environment ranging from the Hosts to Domain Controllers, vShield Manager, vCloud Director Cells, etc.

Everything pings as expected, however when trying to open the Web UI I get "page cannot be displayed".  The ports are binding fine, no firewalls on, VCD Cells can ping database, etc but still no Web UI.  I even tried doing a #./configure via the VCD Cells but this made no difference.

I did notice that on the web page the vCloud Director logo displays next to the URL.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.  Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

See logs at $VCLOUD_HOME/logs/vcloud-container-info.log or vcloud-container-debug.log. And check if ther are any errors popping up. Alos upload the logs here so we can take a look. also the cell.log.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
cdhunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Had a look at the logs and am seeing:

Unable to connect to database

SQLException: connection refused

Firewalls are disabled, I can ping all servers fine. Nothing else has changed apart from new IP Addresses. Successfully binding ports 80 and 443 but getting no further than that.

Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
cdhunter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ports look all fine.

I reconfigured vCloud Director on the Primary Cell (#.configure) and pointed it to an old database and I could access the Web UI fine (VMware vCloud Director Setup page) however when pointing it to the correct database it failed again.  However when I logged onto the Database Server and opened an IE page and put in the vCloud Web IP Address I was getting the vCloud Director grey screen (which usually indicates an SSL error).  When I tried to connect this way using the FQDN it said "page cannot be displayed" again!

0 Kudos