VMware Cloud Community
Ashokvsetty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding new ESX host in VCD 1.0

hi All,

I wanted to know the procedure to Add the new Esx Host to VCD and  how to increase the Resources for existing cloud setup.

Thanks in Advance
Ashok

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbudavari
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Add the host to the Cluster backing the required Provider vDC in vCenter, ensure the required Datastores and networks are configured on this host then finally as a system admin in vCD under Manage & Monitor -> vSphere Resources -> Hosts, Prepare the new ESX(i) host.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rbudavari
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Add the host to the Cluster backing the required Provider vDC in vCenter, ensure the required Datastores and networks are configured on this host then finally as a system admin in vCD under Manage & Monitor -> vSphere Resources -> Hosts, Prepare the new ESX(i) host.

0 Kudos
Ashokvsetty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the Response,

I have added the new esx Host to the cluster and prepared the host in under Vspshere resources but still not able to list the new resources to increase the capacity. do i need to restart the VCD server?

0 Kudos
Ashokvsetty
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Smiley Happy

follwed the same steps provided by you,i was able to succesfully add the new esx host to VCD and increase the Resources.

One more issue

After adding the new ESX host to VCD found that for creating new VM In VCD is taking more time. is there any other settings needs to be changed?

0 Kudos
rbudavari
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

The additional host should have no impact your time to deploy new VMs and there aren't any additional settings required. Is it slower on the new host only, or also across previously prepared hosts ?

0 Kudos