VMware Cloud Community
tomking_chen
Contributor
Contributor

Add host back into vCloud

We recently got a faulty host in the vSphere Cluster, which is part of the vCloud. As a result, we have to re-install ESXi on it and added back into the cluster with same name. Now, when I check "Hosts" in vCloud Director, I got too hosts with same name in it! One is got System Alerts: "The host cannot be found in VirtualCenter" Another one is available, but not yet prepared. Obviously, the one with the alert is the old one, and the other is the new.

Just wondering what will be the best procedure to take out the old and prepare the new. Should I remove the old one first, then add the new one in? Or should I add the new one in then take out the old? So far in term of resource pool, vCloud Director still tells me it has compute resource from 3 hosts. I am not sure if I take the old one out it will shrink or not. Just dont want this to stuff the resource pool up...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
tomking_chen
Contributor
Contributor

I have put the host back without any issues. Just disable and then unprepare the old host. Then prepare the new one. All went without problem.

0 Kudos