VMware Cloud Community
Kmaster100
Contributor
Contributor

Account migrated from one domain to another now account disappeared from Vcloud director. When I tried to re-add it says it already exists

Hello all,

I have two domains domain A and domain B. My account was migrated from Domain A to Domain B. I try to sign into VCD and I get an authtication issue. I logged it with my admin account and saw my data was still there and was assigned to system. When I try to go and re-add me it says my account already exists. I check lost and found and could not find my account.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

domain A and domain B are different AD Forests.  therefore each one would have a different ObjectGUID when you move an account.

e.g. you move account A from domain a to domain B ... it's got a new ObjectGUID.  even though the login is the exact same, the GUID needs to be unique in the vCloud Database.

therefore you cannot import someone with the same ObjectGUID OR Username value.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

We hit some similar issues and the only recourse was to delete the user out of the database completely and reimport them.  This had to be done manually.  Even after removing the user from any orgs vCD keeps a record in the usr table.  Why you can't force a refresh is beyond me.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

When a user gets de-synced in something like this, e.g. you connect the LDAP component to a new domain, they get put in Lost and Found.

So long as they have objects owned by that account ID, they'll stay in lost and found till someone does something about it.

If they don't own objects, they'll get purged eventually.

If one was so inclined ... you can see the ObjectGUID value in the DB under a particular usr table column.

0 Kudos
Kmaster100
Contributor
Contributor

Does anybody know if there is script out there that can match the new GUID to the users? Would remove them from lost and found. We have over 500 users plus the permissions need to be changed on all the Vapps once you delete and re-add.

0 Kudos
Kmaster100
Contributor
Contributor

Are you to tell me which tables my account are in. We are having problems deleting my account. It seems to be in one then one location.

0 Kudos