VMware Cloud Community
terdo1533
Contributor
Contributor

Access to vCloud Director 5.1 with IPv6

Hi there

I completly setup the vCloud Director Suite with a couple of VMs running with ipv6 (without Edge / just vlans and direct connection).

I need to access to the vCloud Director web interface with IPv6 from the public. I don't have any idea how to do that.

Someone try that out before?  In the installation procedure of vcloud director I was only able to select the ipv4 addreses on the NICs.

Salut

terdo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cfor
Expert
Expert

I do not believe IPv6 is officially supported by vCloud Director currently.  It appears to be using eclipse equinox to back vCD - so you might be able to get the cell to respond to IPv6 and  then do some configuration to the equinox environment, but I am not sure and that seems a little hacky.

Another option (maybe a better option) - would be to setup a load balancer that will respond to IPv6, but forward to IPv4.  This could run on a different VM or I guess on the same host running vCD.  This should work fine for the GUI, btu I am not sure how the web console would handle this.

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

In present released of vCloud Director, ipv6 is not supported for both Web console and console proxy.

If you have such requirements You may raise a feature request. If it is feasible it may be included in future releases.

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos