VMware Cloud Community
Jim_Huang_nj
Contributor
Contributor

About web console in VMware vCloud Director

Hello,

I encounter a problem about Web console.

The problem exists in my  Director 5.1 and  5.5 environment.

After I reboot the director server, the server can normally boot. The boot time is about 2~3 minutes.

I can use the browser to access it.

But I can't open any web console windows, it always shows "disconnect".

I must wait 20 minutes, then I can open any VM web console.

I want to know this is normal behavior,

Do you have the same experience?

Bye the way, director must install 2 IP, one IP is for web proxy.

If 2 IP address are in same sub-net, is it OK?

Best Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

My vCD deployments have both Console Proxy and HTTP on the same subnet (/24).  If they were on different subnets, that would be fine too ... so long as each user can reach the address in the 'Public Addresses' section ... or the IP/Hostname if the value is blank in Public Addresses.

As soon as the cell is online 100% as per cell.log and you can login to the interface, you should be able to get a remote console.  I've had a number of deployments work this way, including my two labs.

Are you using a load balancer?  It's possible that the load balancer might not be correctly detecting that the virtual server in the LB Pool for Console Proxy is not up ... so it might take some time for it to detect and start routing traffic again.  that'd be an odd ball, but not outside the realm of possibility.

Do you have a client system on the same subnet, or a way of running the VMRC directly on the RHEL/CentOS cell to test without networking even involved?

0 Kudos
Jim_Huang_nj
Contributor
Contributor

We don't use load balance.

You never encounter the problem?

But I have a confused question, we must deploy 2 SSL certificates to 2 IP address.

I want to know if you use different FQDN for 2 IP address and you use different FQDN to sign your SSL certificate?

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

At minimum you need two IPs, two FQDNs (one to each IP Address), and two certificates (to each FQDN/IP).

The only exception to this is using a Wildcard Certificate, which can be used twice (once for each FQDN).

0 Kudos