VMware Cloud Community
raffapolNet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Abnormal stand-by cells behaviour

Hi all,

after reinstalling the 2 stand-by cells as suggested by GSS due to a network failure, I redeployed the cells, and all seemed going well.

All 3 cells are in active status from VCD GUI, they are all running for any of their 5480 console but..... but executing

tail -f /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/logs/cell.log

on both of them the process stops at

Application Initialization: 'com.vmware.vcloud.common.core' 81% complete. Subsystem 'com.vmware.vcloud.presentation-api-impl' started

And after a while it restart from the beginning:

Bootstrap application: start

Time is in sync, VCD Version is  10.1.2.16779297, do you have any idea about it?

Thank you

Raff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raffapolNet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

--Upgrade --

The issue seems related to Cassandra performances DB.

After removing it with 

/opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/cell-management-tool cassandra –clean

and restrting the service on the cells, all came back working normally, finishing the bootstrap process successfully.

I repeated the procedure to reinsert the DB, so, removing the keyspace on the Cassandra ckuster and reecreating the schema on the primary cell. This brght me at the initial point: stand-by cells unoperable, restarting after waiting for Cassandra connection. 

The answer came from virtualizationage's blog, here: https://virtualhow.wordpress.com/2020/02/04/vcd97-cass/

and it was a simple line to set in the global.properties of all the cells connecting to Cassandra:

cassandra.use.ssl = 0

Hope this could help.

Raff

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
raffapolNet
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

--Upgrade --

The issue seems related to Cassandra performances DB.

After removing it with 

/opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/cell-management-tool cassandra –clean

and restrting the service on the cells, all came back working normally, finishing the bootstrap process successfully.

I repeated the procedure to reinsert the DB, so, removing the keyspace on the Cassandra ckuster and reecreating the schema on the primary cell. This brght me at the initial point: stand-by cells unoperable, restarting after waiting for Cassandra connection. 

The answer came from virtualizationage's blog, here: https://virtualhow.wordpress.com/2020/02/04/vcd97-cass/

and it was a simple line to set in the global.properties of all the cells connecting to Cassandra:

cassandra.use.ssl = 0

Hope this could help.

Raff

Tags (2)
0 Kudos