VMware Cloud Community
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

10.0 appliance NFS issue

I'm testing vcloud  10.0.0. after the ovf deploy I'm able to connect to 5480 but here I see the msg

No nodes found in cluster, this likely means PostgreSQL is not running on this node. Consult the management UI from another node where PostgreSQL is running. Otherwise, check /opt/vmware/var/log/vcd/vcd_ova_ui_app.log if you think this is an error.

And I'm not able to connect to the admin portal.

On the NFS server I exported the shared directory, with the no_root_squash method. I did it adding the following line to the /etc/exports file:

192.x.y.z/nfsshare vCD_Cell1_IP_Address(rw,sync,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)

2 Replies
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You must use different ip subnet for eth1 and you need to enter domain name (xx.local) to vm domain name field while you deploy ova. Check your aplliance dns name after deployment finished, you need to see name of appliance without FQDN. DNS name correction  is very important during ova deployment.It is very important that the DNS name is correct. Create A record and  PTR record on DNS server.

emanueleroserba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

These log files are a good source of information to understand what is happening:

/opt/vmware/var/log/firstboot

/opt/vmware/var/log/vcd/setupvcd.log

best, e.

0 Kudos