VMware {code} Community
wizardnjau
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

question about rest api. username and password is invalid for rest api.

I have installed vCloud director v1.5.1 trival version, and I can browse version information by https://127.0.0.1/api/versions .

When I use the https://127.0.0.1/api/login, IE need me to input username and password. I did but it was not valid.

I can use the user name and password to login in web page of vCloud director, it is the system administrator.

Did I use the wrong username and password? what should I do?

regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Todor_Todorov
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

The username should be in the form of "username@organization" instead of only username.

If you're using a System administrator then the organization name should be "System".

Regards,

Todor Todorov

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Todor_Todorov
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

The username should be in the form of "username@organization" instead of only username.

If you're using a System administrator then the organization name should be "System".

Regards,

Todor Todorov

0 Kudos
wizardnjau
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, Todor Todorov

I have tried admin@system, and it works!

Do you know other organizations used in vCloud director? All I know is what you told me 'system'.

Can you list all the organizations or tell me where I can get this information?

0 Kudos
wizardnjau
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,  Todor Todorov

Sorry for my stupidity. I have several tries and find what your orgnization means.

I create a orgnization named 'test1' and create a user named 'test1', then I can use 'test1@test1' to login rest api, and what I get is something in the orgnization 'test1', not all the orgnizations like 'admin@system'.

Am I right?

regards

0 Kudos
Todor_Todorov
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You're right:

- System administrators (users in organization "System") can "see" objects from all organizations.

- Users from organization "X" can "see" objects only inside organization "X".

Regards,

Todor Todorov