VMware {code} Community
brangasamy
Contributor
Contributor

Starting VMware Remote Console from HTML page

Hi All,

Any has working code to launch VMware remote console from a HTML page. It will be really great if someone has already done.

I have developed html pages based on Java/JSP. Now, I want to invoke VMware Remote Console by clicking a button from my webpage.

I know, first we need to obtain login token and pass the screen token as parameter to VMware remote console. If someone has already implemented this in html/javascript, could you please share the code snippet?

Thanks

Bala

0 Kudos
6 Replies
johanneshiemer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Bala,

as far as I know, there is an sample file in the API Examples, downloadable at the vCloud Website. VMRC API Reference Implementation (.zip) at http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/vcd_pubs.html.

Regards Johannes

brangasamy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the info. It is very useful. I am trying the sample code. I will let you know if the code works.

Thanks

Bala

0 Kudos
brangasamy
Contributor
Contributor

do you know where we can download vmware-vmrc-win32-x86.exe plug-in file?

thanks.

0 Kudos
johanneshiemer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Bala,

yes just use the vCD and try to connect to machine. It will automatically ask you to download the file.

0 Kudos
tmalaher
Contributor
Contributor

The Reference Implementation's console.html contains the following two lines:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/dialog.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="js/dialog-manager.js"></script>

Neither of these files is present in the zip file. This doesn't actually seem to cause any problems.

Secondly, the console itself works fine in FireFox (18.0.1) but not in IE (8.0.7601.17514).

The behavior is that:

The index.html loads and appears to validate the presence of the plugin, but a javascript error appears (line 142 of console.js: no such property or method).

When I paste in a ticket and hit the button, the console.html opens, all the UI elements are there, the "Connecting..." message appears then changes to "Connected" (or "Connection Error" if the ticket is invalid).

But the big black area in the middle does not change the cursor to a "hand" cursor when the cusor enters and it does not respond to clicks, and never displays the actual console image.

0 Kudos
susanwan
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same issue in both FF17.0 and FF24.0, does anyone know how to solve it?

0 Kudos