VMware {code} Community
jamaxwell
Contributor
Contributor

.NET SDK Vdc.UploadVappTemplate exception

I'm using the 5.1.0 SDK, and going through some of the samples.  When I run the HellovCloud sample, it gets to the part where it's uploading the ovf package and throws an exception.  'Object reference not set to an instance'

I also tried to create a VappTemplate object and then using VappTemplate.UploadOVFFile with a Stream, and it also throws the same exception.

Has anybody gotten this to work?  I was able to import a vApp Template from an ovf file manually (from the web UI), just not from the api.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
METomasik
Contributor
Contributor

I have this exact same issue. Have you figured out what the problem is?

0 Kudos
rkamal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

This seems to be bug with the .NET SDK.

We are in the process of releasing a patch for the .NET SDK 5.1.0 anytime soon.

Regards,

Rajesh Kamal.

0 Kudos
sdeepak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Even i want to highlight on the method UploadVappTemplate. In the examples coming with the SDK the OVF file is corrupt. When tried to run the example we get the error. Moreover, if we use the above Method to upload the ovf to the vapp, I have observed that  the descriptor.ovf gets uploaded but if ovf has a Reference tag in it pointing to one of the vmdk files in that case the file is not read properly. Since the ovf Reference tag doesn't have the complete path. The server control tries to read the file from the Server location which in itself is a big issue.

Has anyone else also faced the same issue ???

Regards,
Deepak 

0 Kudos