VMware {code} Community
kpsivagnanam
Contributor
Contributor

Managing vApps using vCloud API

I'am trying to instantiate a VApp using Curl command line tool with the following request :

Request :

-

curl -X POST -k -v -H "Content-Length:0" -H "Content-Type: application/vnd.vmware.vcloud.instantiateVAppTemplateParams+xml" -H "Cookie:

vcloud-token=d3a70a159343bf5930e56b6b3ba447b2" -data @/u01/home/lmadmin/instanceVM.xml

https://express2.bluelock.com/api/v0.8/vdc/285/action/instantiateVAppTemplate -L -o createVM-output.txt

Request body - ( instanceVM.xml, which is file using in above request that contains request body)

-

Result :

-

vApp instantiate is failed with error : Error : HTTP/1.1 400 BAD REQUEST

Also I am facing the same issue for other “Datacenter operations” like “Clone a VApp” and “Delete a VApp” also.

Could you please help us resolving this issue. Please kindly help us to resolve this issue?

For your reference, logs are shown here.

-

• About to connect() to express2.bluelock.com port 443 (#0)

• Trying 174.46.169.100... connected

• Connected to express2.bluelock.com (174.46.169.100) port 443 (#0)

• successfully set certificate verify locations:

• CAfile: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

CApath: none

• SSLv2, Client hello (1):

• SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):

• SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):

• SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server key exchange (12):

• SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server finished (14):

• SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client key exchange (16):

• SSLv3, TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):

• SSLv3, TLS handshake, Finished (20):

• SSLv3, TLS change cipher, Client hello (1):

• SSLv3, TLS handshake, Finished (20):

• SSL connection using DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA

• Server certificate:

• subject: C=US; ST=Indiana; L=Indianapolis; O=BlueLock, LLC; CN=*.bluelock.com

• start date: 2009-03-12 14:49:02 GMT

• expire date: 2010-04-18 21:31:58 GMT

• subjectAltName: express2.bluelock.com matched

• issuer: C=US; ST=Arizona; L=Scottsdale; O=GoDaddy.com, Inc.; OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository; CN=Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority; serialNumber=07969287

• SSL certificate verify ok.

POST /api/v0.8/vdc/285/action/instantiatevAppTemplate HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: curl/7.19.6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6

Host: express2.bluelock.com

Accept: /

Cookie: vcloud-token=bd161f3e498c4608d5b947666deb3e9b

Content-Type: application/vnd.vmware.vcloud.instantiateVAppTemplateParams+xml

Content-Length: 614

< HTTP/1.1 400 BAD REQUEST

< Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:39:39 GMT

< Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_wsgi/2.6 Python/2.6.2

< Vary: Accept-Encoding

< Content-Length: 0

< Connection: close

< Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

<

• Closing connection #0

• SSLv3, TLS alert, Client hello (1):

• About to connect() to 1 port 80 (#0)

• Trying 0.0.0.1... Failed to connect to 0.0.0.1: Invalid argument

• Success

• couldn't connect to host

• Closing connection #0

We are facing the same issue for other “Datacenter operations” like “Clone a VApp” and “Delete a VApp” also. Only the login and

Browse operations are working fine.

Could you please help us resolving this issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Jin
Expert
Expert

You may want to talk to bluelock.com because they are the implementor of the vCloudExpress API. They should have better idea on what was happening on the backend with all sorts of logs.

While preparing the SpringOne 2GX keynote demo project which showed off the cloudtools/cloudfoundry with Terremark vCloudExpress, I worked closely with Terremark team on the bugs in their implementation.

Steve JIN

Author of VMware VI and vSphere SDK (Prentice Hall)

Creator of open source vSphere (VI) Java API

Blog: DoubleCloud.ORG

Twitter: @sjin2008

Steve JIN Author of VMware VI and vSphere SDK; Creator of open source VI Java API (http://vijava.sf.net); Blogger at http://www.doublecloud.org
0 Kudos
BLjellis
Contributor
Contributor

BlueLock's implementation of the vCloud API was also developed in conjunction with VMWare. There are a few bugs with the implementation during this free beta phase - in fact there are a few fixes being released this coming Tuesday.

I'll try out your deployment and see what suggestions I can make. At first blush it appears you're attempting to allocate resources from the resource pool that are currently unauthorized, but I'll double-check to make sure.

Definitely feel free to post at forums.bluelock.com as well - we monitor them quite closely and usually get responses out in a few hours.

0 Kudos
BLjellis
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like your user is on express3.bluelock.com but you are making a call to express2.bluelock.com. Or I need more coffee. Not sure.

Feel free to send me a private message or post on forums.bluelock.com. I think we can get you up and runnin' in short order! We're focusing a lot on making sure the vCloud API runs well, and I'd also like to make sure we document best practices along the way.

0 Kudos