VMware Cloud Community
rgcda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

what version of vCenter do I have

I'm looking at a vCenter appliance deployment that is 6.5.0 build 7070488.  I'm looking at the following kb - VMware Knowledge Base and this build number is not listed.  How do I tell what version of vCenter I have installed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's the same information as what I mentioned. The KB you mentioned does contain that build. It's an updated build but still for 6.5 GA.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's probably the version of the vSphere Web client as reported in the Help menu. To determine what version you have, click the vCenter object at the top of your inventory tree and look at the Version Information portlet.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

run command

vpxd -v

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
monishk7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The version corresponding to your build is 6.5.0.65995. Corresponds to 6.5 GA release.

You can verify it from the vcenter server logs.

vpxd -v - lists the version with build number as well.

rgcda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That's not the web client version.  If you go to Global Inventory Lists > select the vCenter server > summary tab > version information it says Build 7070488.

0 Kudos
rgcda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

so I ran vpxd -v and I get 6.5.0 build 7070488.  This build number does not correspond with any vmware documentation that I can find.  You are saying it's 6.5 GA.  Where did you get that?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's the same information as what I mentioned. The KB you mentioned does contain that build. It's an updated build but still for 6.5 GA.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
sri_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Alternatively if we did go to the download link for vCenter 6.5 GA , we can find the  build number (7070488)

Link: Download VMware vSphere

pastedImage_0.png

Hope this helps.

Sincerely
Srikanth HS
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As shown in the KB, build 7070488 replaces the original build number for the GA release. The bits themselves are still of GA feature set, but the build was replaced due to known issues fixed in later versions.

0 Kudos