VMware Cloud Community
vmrale
Expert
Expert

vmrc opens new tab on firefox or chrome

Hi,

as I know this is an expected behaviour and it can't be changed because there's a URL provided then an administrator opens a remote console and this url is used to redirect to vmrc.

Regards
Radek

If you think your question have been answered correctly, please consider marking it as a solution or rewarding me with kudos.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeraisel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

In my company there are other computers that don't open the new tab.

I'm unable to figure out why, I was hopping that someone could help me understand.

Best regards

Jeraisel

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

What browsers do they use? Every one I've every done it from opens a new tab, and its from design from my understating.

0 Kudos
jeraisel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Just tried in Internet Explorer 11 and the tab opens and closes after the vmrc window is opened, but in Chrome and in Firefox the tab stays open.

On my co-worker computer I tried in firefox, chrome and IE and the tab opens and closes.

Other computers in the building at least the IE closes the tab after it opens.

0 Kudos
Vme332c
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hey, does anyone have a solution for this?  (ie make chrome or firefox behave like IE and close the new tab right after it opens?)

or maybe someway to have the tab open in the total background.  its annoying and disruptive when you are constantly opening remote consoles to have to close the new tab.

thanks

0 Kudos