I will create a virtual server with 16 vcpu. other virtual servers do not use the resources of this machine. How do I get it. how to assign 16 vcpu directly from physical server to this virtual server. we have 6.5 vcenter and esxi 6.5
You have to shutdown the VM and select Edit VM Settings. There you can assign your 16 CPU Sockets or 4 Sockets with 4 vCores (4x4 = 16) as well. If you go over > 8 vCPU there comes vNUMA into the game. You can assign as many vCPU as the Host have logical CPUs to a single VM.
IF you have HotAdd enabled and the proper license for it you can add additional vCPU to a running VM/GuestOS.
I will suggest to first check the virtual server requirement for vCPU because if you are assign 16 vCPU you not get better performance if you are application not utilize that much.
Regarding how to add vCPU in you machine
6.5 HTML method
1. if you do not selected CPU hot plug then shutdown your virtual server
2. Right click your virtual server and click edit setting.
3. you will see CPU just increase drop down menu.
4. Once you increase then click ok
5. Turn on your virtual server.