VMware Cloud Community
Rasina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vcops present in vSphere client but not in vSphere Web Client

Question for you.  I just installed vCOPs to demo in our environment and I am having an issue seeing it in the web client.  I am able to see it in the actual vSphere Client with all of the registered vcenters but that isn't the best way to use the tool.  I am using Chrome verstion 34.0.1847.116.  I also tried it in IE.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

While using the vSphere web client vCOPS is not integrated the way it is in the thick client.  In the thick client you have a plug-in you click on and it gives you basically the web console window in a tab.  For the Web Client there is nothing like that.  If you click on an object you will see the health of that object and so forth.  If you want to look at it like you see in the thick client though you will have to log into the user interface for vCOPS itself meaning https://vcops-ip/vcops-vsphere.  Or if you look on the home page of the web client you can see under Monitoring you see the vCOPS icon and that will bring you to the login page.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing in Web-Client and vSphere Client as well

Regards, PJ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

While using the vSphere web client vCOPS is not integrated the way it is in the thick client.  In the thick client you have a plug-in you click on and it gives you basically the web console window in a tab.  For the Web Client there is nothing like that.  If you click on an object you will see the health of that object and so forth.  If you want to look at it like you see in the thick client though you will have to log into the user interface for vCOPS itself meaning https://vcops-ip/vcops-vsphere.  Or if you look on the home page of the web client you can see under Monitoring you see the vCOPS icon and that will bring you to the login page.

0 Kudos
Rasina
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the explanation.  Makes sense.

0 Kudos