VMware Cloud Community
mmark751969
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vcenter gateway

I have vcenter installed at a main hub location.  There are hosts at the main location and a remote colocation.  There is a site vpn between the main location and remote.  When i try to access vcenter web admin from the main location, it times out and doesn't complete.  After doing extensive packet analysis i've determined that packets are reaching the main site but are not being returned.  I'm thinking this may be because vcenter does not have a default gateway specified, or from another reason vcenter based.  Where do you enter the default gateway for vcenter itself?  Does it use a different gateway then the hosts would use? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

vCenter Server has its own IP settings. In case of the Windows based version, the settings are configured in the Windows network adapter's IP settings, and in case of the vCenter Server Appliance, you can configure the settings in the web console (https://<vcenter-server>:5480)

André

0 Kudos
mmark751969
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vcenter doesn't appear to be listening on 5480.  When i try it gives page can't be displayed. 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Can you confirm that you are using the appliance? The management wen site at port 5480 is only available with the vCenter Server Appliance.

André

0 Kudos