VMware Cloud Community
CAMARAMAMY
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter failed to restore from backup

The restore process requires that both the installer and backup versions are identical. Launch the installer that corresponds with version VC-7.0U3c

I have download the new version but find attached the Download installer log file 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

What size of ISO have you downloaded? 

Maybe you have wrong restore 

0 Kudos
CAMARAMAMY
Contributor
Contributor

VMware-VCSA-all-7.0.3-19234570 iso

0 Kudos
CAMARAMAMY
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter Server backup ftp folder name which contain all the configuration of the backup

M_7.0.3.00300_20230114-152148_

I don't know what's the mean of 20230114 i know M is manual backup 
 can you explain more bit 

0 Kudos
CAMARAMAMY
Contributor
Contributor

I have noticed that the build version of my backup is 19036512. However, I have not found any Vcenter server appliance with the same build version. In order to restore the Vcenter Server from the backup, both must match.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You can download the different build numbers by going to the latest vCenter Server 7 download page.
From there open select the build you need from the drop down list.

a_p__0-1673811545139.png

vCenter Server versions, and build numbers can be found at https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2143838

Not sure about the build number that you mentioned in your latest post. However, version 7.0.3.00300 (vCenter Server 7.0 Update 3c) is what I think you need.

André

0 Kudos
CAMARAMAMY
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Andre, I really appreciate it. I modified the backup metadata to match my Vcsa installer build number and the installation has started. However, it is progressing very slowly and after 8 hours it is still at 54%

0 Kudos