VMware Cloud Community
pcdok1234
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter appliance vsa 6.5 with windows ca signed certificate - rollback problem

hi all.

i want usethe. new vsa 6.5 appliance with a own certificate from my internal windows ca. i look all documents and videos, and i make it exact so, but it will always fails with a rollback. what i mustsay, i have no real chain or indermediate ca, i have only the root ca, and when i download chain i have there the windows root certificate, and the obe what i want use. so maybe one of you have idea what it can be , or what i make wrong. someone who have make this possible with vsa 6.5

regards

3 Replies
ITGrouch
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same issue. Apparently, there is a bug. Checking the logs, some of the services timed out trying to restart and that caused the rollback. I gave up trying and will wait until the first patch is released to see if the issue is resolved.

pcdok1234
Contributor
Contributor

exactly, the mon Service or so would not be startet, and the Rollback beginns

so is there a hotfix for that, i mean did VMware know about this bug?

regards

0 Kudos
ITGrouch
Contributor
Contributor

I have done Google searches to see if there is more information on this but. I haven't found anything. VCSA 6.5 is so new, it will take some time before there is more information from other users.

Were you able to use WinSCP to copy the cert request to your computer to submit the cert request to your windows CA?

Richard

0 Kudos