VMware Cloud Community
pdwalker
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vcenter appliance 6.5 network will not start

Since installing esxi 6.5 and vcenter server appliance 6.5, I've had nothing but problems...

That said, I've now had the vcenter server appliance self corrupt 3 times already.  The previous two times, I "resolved" the problem by fsck'ing the file systems and rebooting.

This time however, after rebooting, the network service will not start and I have no idea why.  "Failed to start Network Service" is the error message.

Does anyone have any advice on how to diagnose this problem?

Should I delete the appliance and install a new one?

Has any one else had problems with the appliance and stability, or am I just overly lucky?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pdwalker
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nevermind,

I found from the "journalctl -xb" logs that one of the other file systems had errors.  Once I corrected those and rebooted, the network came back up.

It'd still be nice to know why I have so many stability problems with the appliance though.  3 times in 3 months is way too many times.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pdwalker
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Nevermind,

I found from the "journalctl -xb" logs that one of the other file systems had errors.  Once I corrected those and rebooted, the network came back up.

It'd still be nice to know why I have so many stability problems with the appliance though.  3 times in 3 months is way too many times.

0 Kudos