VMware Cloud Community
kokouson
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter 7 issue Cannot power on the Fault Tolerance Secondary VM

Hello,

I am facing an issue on Fault Tolerance. On a cluster with two hosts, I enabled vSphere HA, created a Distributed Switches with a VMkernel Adapter for fault Tolerance and another for vMotion which use 10Gb physical NICs. VMware License: vSphere 7 Enterprise Plus

When I enable Fault Tolerance on the VMs, the Fault Tolerance creates the second VM but cannot start it. I have the following error:
Cannot power on the Fault Tolerance Secondary VM for virtual machine SVR-TEST01-FT. Refer to the errors list for details.

Error stack:
 Host xxxxx has some Fault Tolerance issues for virtual machine . Refer to the errors list for details.
 A general system error occurred: Launch failure
 The VM failed to resume on the destination during early power on.
 Module FTCpt power on failed.
 The VM failed to resume on the destination during early power on.
 Module FTCpt power on failed.
 No suitable host can be found to place the Fault Tolerance Secondary VM for virtual machine SVR-TEST01-FT.

Please give me your help

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This may help: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.avail.doc/GUID-472C3913-28EA-457D-8...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
kokouson
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

I already had to go through and check the article recommendations but the error remains. I am taking another proposal

Thanks

0 Kudos
kokouson
Contributor
Contributor

I solved the problem by dedicating a 10GB card only to FT

0 Kudos