VMware Cloud Community
davebrowett
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter 7.0.3 - Can't change hard disk settings

New to vcenter/ESX having used hyper-v for over a decade.  Running on the trial version to get my head around as looking to implement it in a new DC infrastructure but can't for the life of me figure this show stopper out.  I have a new clean VM with an 80gb disk.  When I edit the VM it shows I have the 80gb disk... until I click on it to see advanced settings.  Size display then changes to 0.  Very few of the dropdowns are populated, I can't change anything.  If I try to add a new disk, it defaults to 90gb, I can't change that size and also can't change any advanced settings.  This happens on all browsers for me, and happens to others on other systems trying to do the same.  As both an AD login and as vcenter administrator.  There are no snapshots involved which seems to cause issues similar, again this is a new setup, new VM, not even been turned on as yet, definitely no snapshots.  I've checked the datastore, the disk files are present and correct.  Anyone else experienced this and can give any insights?  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Didi7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same here on a vCenter Appliance based on Linux. It even doesn't work on build 7.0.3.00200 or build 18901211.

0 Kudos
davebrowett
Contributor
Contributor

Our licensing came through so I could raise this with support.  Turns out it was to do with a certificate mismatch.  They used vcenter cli to regenerate the certificate and then associate it with the services.  After that, it started working as it should.

0 Kudos