VMware Cloud Community
khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vc manual recovery

I would like to discuss about my manual recovery plan for VC.

To achieve it I will create a new VM server and will not install VC on it.

So when I need a recovery I can install virtual center and point the database during the installation of virtual center (when installer asked about the database).

Any one see any problem in this manual recovery solution.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

That will work -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thanks weinstein5

0 Kudos
Jazzer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sure you can do that.  Would this VM be up and running all the time?  If you have a template already, you could have a new VM up in what 15-20 mins?  Install vCenter, connect the database and hosts and you're up in an hour? 

Or was all of this implied?

Thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello,

maybe checking this vmware's kb will be helpful:

VMware KB: Migrating vCenter Server to a different host machine

VMware KB: Moving the VMware vCenter Server 4.x/5.x SQL database/

Best regards,

Pablo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Jay, I will deploy a VM and keep it down for the bad time and once I need it i can just install the virtual center and point my DB to the original DB.

0 Kudos