VMware Cloud Community
bblades262
Contributor
Contributor

/var/log/vmware/vpx/sso_cfg.log shows old IP Address, how do i change it?

Hello All,

I'm dealing with a VCA virtual appliance. initially it was using DHCP to get an IP for testing, the device ended up sticking around, and was assigned a static IP address.

My issue is that im trying to configure SSO with AD authentication. Everything looks fine during config, but when i try to add permissions I dont see my domain under the domain dropdown, all i see is:

(server)

<blank line>

SYSTEM-DOMAIN

Stepping through <a href="http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=203315..."> KB 2033152 </a> led me to checking /var/log/vmware/vpx/sso_cfg.log. I found some interesting output! it looks like an internal process is trying to hit the old DCHP IP address, see output from tail below:

Discovered domain:
   DNS name: mydomain.local
   NetBIOS name: mydomain
   Primary controller: ldap://DC2.mydomain.local:3268
   Secondary controller: ldap://DC1.mydomain.local:3268
   Base DN: DC=mydomain,DC=local
Intializing registration provider...
Getting SSL certificates for https://oldIPAddress:7444/lookupservice/sdk
Unable to connect to server
Unable to connect to server
Return code is: ServiceNotResponding

Does anyone know how i can set that old IP to the new one?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Buddhi01
Contributor
Contributor

Remove the vcenter system from the domain and delete the DNS records related to that server. also delete the computer account from the AD inventory. Reconnect the System to the domain and try to configure the SSO again manually.

0 Kudos
bblades262
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

Since no one had answered, I ended up removing and reinstalling the vcenter appliance. Something in the SSO config was referencing an old IP address. The problem definitly wasnt DNS/AD related. I wonder if re-running the setup wizard could have solved it, but in this case a complete reinstall did the trick.

0 Kudos