VMware Cloud Community
florindespa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere client 6 - revert to snapshot bug

Hi,

It looks like there is a bug while connecting with vSphere client 6 ( GA ) to vCenter 6 ( GA )  . VMs look like having a snapshot ( even if they don't have )  if you look at the Snapshot buttons on the menu , or if you right click on the VM -> Revert to snapshot is NOT grayed out, even more, you are allowed to do a "revert to snapshot" , even if there is no snapshot. I've tried to create a snapshot , remove all snapshots, as a test, but same situation .

For more info, have a look at the attachment.

I'm curious if there is a link for reporting bugs of vSphere 6 GA ? not Beta . I wouldn't open a SR for each minor thing , even more as right now I'm currently testing it in my home lab ( no supported hardware ).

Kind regards,

Florin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is still present in U1 release, any idea if it will be fixed

0 Kudos
DanyDemers
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

2 build later and almost a year have passed and this problem still exist... Another proof that vmware want us to swallow their web client...

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Remove from vCenter Inventory and add it to inventory again, Lets see what happens.

0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Gordon,

Go to backup agent server which presently took backup

Go to edit  settings. .see the disk attached .you can see disk name of this server.

Go ahead and remove disk..then you will be able to resolve this issue

Basavaraj Navalgund

Banavalg@yahoo.com

Call me @ 9535672123

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos
florindespa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

More than 1 year later, 3 major updates later, Latest vSphere client and still having this bug. Really VMware, really ?

0 Kudos