VMware Cloud Community
GrozBeckert2011
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Replication szenario question

Hi all,

I have a question concerning vSphere Replication 5.1

The VR appliance is installed at main office with vCenter 5.1 and I will configure a replication from one ESX host to another in a subsidiary without local vCenter and without local VR appliance.

It's no problem to configure and start, but the replication data will be transferd over the WAN (4 MBit) to main office and back to the subsidary.

This is a no go to transfer gigabits of data over the Internet line, is it possible to install a VR appliance in the subsidary so that the data will go from one ESX directly to the other ?

We have 9 subsidiaries like this, is it possible to confgure this constellation in all of the subsidiaries ?

I want replicate VMs from one Host to the other, but the replication should transfer the data in the local network of the Hosts, not over the WAN.

I read in the new features of Replication 5.5 that now 10 VR appliances are possible for one vCenter, how far will help me this ?

Second question, what happens with Replication progress when vCenter is down or the WAN line is down between main office and subsidiary ?

Regards

Andi

0 Kudos
0 Replies