VMware Cloud Community
vinivirtus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Management Assistant - Add Users - Help Please

I am looking to configure the vMA to use other user accounts more I will not use Active Directory from Microsoft, will create local accounts on vMA and give the permissions on the file sudo.

Has anyone done this type of configuration that could help me in this procedure?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

Yes possible ... follow this one

VMware VMA 5 customization | timcarr.net

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

sudo su -

Enter VI-ADMIN credentials

useradd user1 -p password

That'st it Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos
vinivirtus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In your example the user "user1" add what are their credentials?

vi-admin or vi-user?

0 Kudos
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

You can use any password of your choice with   -p as option

in my case  user1 pwd is "password"

useradd user1 -p Welcome --> this case password is "Welcome"

You need to use VI-ADMIN account

0 Kudos
vinivirtus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ok I want to add more users with permission vi-admin is possible?

Because in tests on LAB to perform actions with the add user have to put the vi-admin credentials to perform the action.

I want to direct administrative activities with the new user add.

0 Kudos
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

Yes possible ... follow this one

VMware VMA 5 customization | timcarr.net

0 Kudos
vinivirtus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I will test new update the post.

you have skype, I'm from Brazil and you?

0 Kudos
vinivirtus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

tanks very much !

0 Kudos