VMware Cloud Community
sdarwin5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vSphere Health detected new issues in your environment

New installation of VMware-VCSA-all-6.7.0-13643870.iso

Nothing has really been configured. Just logging in for the first time.

It says "vSphere Health detected new issues in your environment". The choices are Acknowledge or Reset to Green.

The problem is the warning doesn't provide more information. What are the new issues?

If I click on it, then it goes to Alarm Definitions, where there are numerous alarm definitions. 

The Health page is empty.

If I Acknowledge the item, it disappears from All Issues, and appears in Triggered Alarms.

"vSphere Health detected new issues in your environment".  

What are those "new issues"?

Also appearing in this post:  https://www.reddit.com/r/vmware/comments/bv517h/vsphere_health_detected_new_issues_in_your/

"I go to check the logs etc.... and nothing.... no indication of what is triggering these warnings."

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Perform the RETEST and refer below,

Understanding vSphere Health - VMware vSphere Blog

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

VCIX, NCAP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Perform the RETEST and refer below,

Understanding vSphere Health - VMware vSphere Blog

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

VCIX, NCAP
0 Kudos
sdarwin5
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi @brend26,

Thanks for your help. It makes sense now.

vSphere Health had been empty.

I had thought 'vSphere Health detected new issues in your environment' was itself the issue, and ought to contain more information within itself , when you click on it. However, it's merely a pointer, right?  It's saying "Go look at vSphere Health".   On the Health page, you should click the "RETEST" button.  Enabling CEIP might be required also.

0 Kudos